Monday, July 1, 2013

Food: Homemade Strawberry, Mango, & Guava Smoothie

We had so many rainy days the last week that the sunny/hot weather is such a relief.


A while back ago, I went out for brunch with a childhood friend to a small local restaurant and we both ordered a strawberry guava smoothie. You don't even know how happy I am to have ordered this smoothie - it was just a perfect summer smoothie.

For the last few weeks, I've been trying to locate a guava in my grocery store, but no luck. I was walking down the juice aisle and found Ceres guava juice and I figured this would do for now. I also found a mango lying around in my kitchen, so I thought to give it a try to give the smoothie a different twist. Instead of using ice, I decided to just leave my fresh strawberries in the freezer for a few hours. So, it worked out!

I made enough for a single serving. I actually just eye balled all my measurements, but I made some estimate and made a recipe out of this for you guys. 


Simple Strawberry, Mango, and Guava Smoothie
  • 10-13 strawberries diced or 1 cup of frozen strawberries
  • half of a banana
  • 1/3 of a mango 
  • 3/4 cup of guava juice
  • Optional: 3-4 ice cubes





I hope you all enjoy this recipe!

-Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment