Friday, August 23, 2013

Beauty: foundation for a new skincare regime?

Lately, my skin just sucks. 

I still can't put a finger to the reason behind my sudden skin explosion. I rarely had any problems before as small blemishes that surface never really bothered me, since I knew they would come and go as they wished to. Just this summer, my skin became overly congested, especially in the T-Zone area. Along with that, it's very dry with tons of clogged sebum/pores. On top of that, my acne decided to flare out targeting my cheek area, forehead, and nose. 

I do know that my skin is largely depended on my diet and genetics. But, I figured that my non-stable skin care routines probably contributed to this problem as well. I took a lot of time to research and carefully considered forming a new skincare routine for myself. Right at the beginning of my new search, I knew I wanted to settle for a natural skincare line. We tend to forget that our skin is our largest organ and what we put on it gets absorbed into our bodies. After an intense search,I've settled with REN Skincare (along with a one other product).


Healing Immortelle Skin Tonic (Holistic Vanity) 

When I inquired REN Skincare about my skin type to match me with their skin line, the customer relation was friendly enough to send me some small samples. Along with this, I also brought the Six of the Best set. With all these small sample sized products, it is nice to try more of their products out before I fully commit to their full sized products. Below is the list of products that I received or brought that have been incorporated into my new skincare routine:

Omega 3 Overnight Lipid Renewal Serum (REN)
Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream (REN)
Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel (REN)
Micro Polish Scrub (REN)
Jojoba Microbean Purifying Facial Polish (REN)
Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask (REN)

The products are one thing, while the commitment to stick to the routine is another. So far, I've been doing pretty well. 

I'll definitely give you guys an updated post in probably a month's time when my skin fully gets used to the products and to update you whether or not this skincare routine worked, as well as, which of the smaller sized items I actually purchased in full size. 

Until then, I have my fingers crossed for my skin to hopefully regulate itself soon.

-Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment