Sunday, August 18, 2013

What happened to Susan?

It has been over a week since I've written a new blog post. It has finally hit me that summer is coming to an end. With only two weeks left, I'm trying to make the best of it and filling up my days as much as possible. Just looking back at my summer, it's pretty surreal of how fast four months flew by. Finished two courses in summer school, caught up with many of my old friends, and became a regular for pilates/yoga classes. Also, it's a continuing process of slowly moving out to my new place and learning to cook for myself. 



My friend have been working in the area near his family cottage this whole summer. He really needed some company for the last bit of summer, so he invited a group of us to join him for the weekend. A fast and brief trip - it was definitely one of my favourite highlights of Summer '13. A great deck and bay area, it was really relaxing to get out of the city for a bit. 



Of course, nothing is complete without a fire to make s'mores with. A small fire pit that everyone sat around during the chilly night while watching the stars fill the night sky. It was actually my first time ever seeing shooting stars and I saw MANY of them that night. 

I've been back and forth from the city the last 10 days. Spending  most of the time with my boyfriend relaxing and enjoying each other's company. He got me watching Breaking Bad and we're slowing getting me caught up. Also, I've been volunteering for a local organization in my area with my leftover time of summer. That is definitely keeping me occupied! 

With two weeks left, I really hope to get back to reading. My summer reading list definitely got pushed to the side, but my hope is to finish 3 more books before September creeps up. 

Other than that, I'm back to blogging and have a few blog posts in mind for you all! 

Until next time,

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment