Saturday, September 14, 2013

Food: Skor Cookies

I finally took a night off last week and just baked. I haven't touched oven mitts in weeks and it was probably one of the most relaxing thing to do.

I baked three different goods and I completely forgot to take photos of the process - Sorry!

But, I must still share the recipe! 

I've been stuck with what to get for my boyfriend's birthday...for weeks. Then, I decided to bake him something again. What is better than a batch of cookies made with love? Nothing.

Looking through the internet for recipes for days, until I remembered how much he loves SKOR - his mom buys cupcakes for family events and he'll be jumping out of his chair to grab the SKOR one before anyone does.

I found a few different recipes for the SKOR cookies; all different variations - triple chocolate chip, chewy, soft, etc. So, I tried to modify the recipe on my own. 



SKOR Cookies (Makes approximately 3 dozen)

3/4 cup of unsalted butter (room-temperature)
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup + a dash of light brown sugar 
2 large eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup of all purpose flour (I really like using blending flour)
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
a dash of salt
1 1/3 cup (1 bag) of CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together - I slowly added the sugar in by adding 1/4 cup of both sugars at once, blending it, and then adding another 1/4 cup, repeat until a total of 3/4 cup of both sugar has been added.
Add the eggs one at a time and blending it in. Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Set the bowl aside. 

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. 

Slowly mix in the dry ingredients with the wet. After well incorporated, add the skor bits to the batter. Give it a quick mix with a wooden spoon and it's now ready to be baked!

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and take roll the batter into balls - I did 12 cookies per baking sheet. This is optional: taking a little bit of light brown sugar, sprinkle a little on top the balls of cookies for an extra sweet touch to them. 

Once the oven is ready, pop the cookies in and set the timer for 11 minutes and take them out immediately after the timer. From doing 3 different batches, I found exactly 11 minutes will make the desired cookies. Any more than 11 minutes will lead to hard and burnt bottoms of your cookies; any less than 11 minutes, will be too doughy. 

I hope y'all all enjoy this recipe!

<3

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment