Sunday, September 15, 2013

Food: S'more Rice Krispie Square

Rice Krispies are probably one of my most favourite snacks ever...especially when it's homemade, it's never overly sweet compared to the store brought ones. 

When I came across s'more rice krispie squares a few weeks ago, I  told myself IT WILL BE MADE...soon.

That soon came around sometime last week when I had my baking night.But, after I made them, I noticed the recipe needed to be modified. It ended up being way too dense with the additional added ingredients to the original recipe. A minor change and you'll get the chewy rice krispie snack that everyone loves. 


S'More Rice Krispie Squares

1/3 cup of unsalted butter
1 1/2 bags of mini marshmallows 
5 cups of rice krispie cereal
1 and 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1 cup of milk chocolate chips

Line a 11x9 or 11x7 pan with parchment paper. 

In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted, add the marshmallows. Let it completely melt, but keep stirring and remove from heat right away once it's completely melted (you don't want the marshmallows to burn).

Add 3 cups of rice krispie cereal and 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs. Stir and mix well. Then, add the rest of the cereal, graham cracker crumbs, and 3/4 cup of the milk chocolate chips. Give it a good stir and then pour everything into the pan evenly. Before you start pressing it to shape it, sprinkle the rest of the milk chocolate chips on top.

Using parchment paper, press it to shape the top of the rice krispie snacks. Leave it out for an hour to cool down before cutting it to serve.

I'm obsessing over this treat and will probably be making this quite often.

I hope y'all enjoy. 

-Susan

2 comments:

  1. uh, yum! i do this the lazy way and just mix cereal with melted mars bars...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, that sounds like a great quick chocolate fix! Definitely going to give this idea a try as well!

      Delete