Monday, October 7, 2013

Beauty: What I use Jojoba Oil for

A few years ago, I went to visit my cousin down in the sunny California. Been over 10 years since we seen each other and it was crazy to find out how similar we were. It must be in the family genes! 

She was a huge fan of jojoba oil and I was pretty confused with why someone would ever rub any type of oil all over their face. But, after her explanation and my own research, I picked up a bottle myself last winter and I'm happy I did. 

A little bottle can last a very long time. Completely multipurpose - it's definitely worth giving it a try.

I wanted to share with y'all what I usually use jojoba oil for!

1. Eyelashes - I probably cry every time an eyelash falls off my eye lids. Already, I have short, stubby, and sparse eyelashes. The jojoba is great at moisturizing them and help reduce the number of fallouts. 

2. Face - As a dry skin girl, sometimes your lotion and cream is just not enough. Adding a drop or two of jojoba oil with a pump of my lotion daily/nightly has given me the perfect balance for my skin. 

3. Lips - When I make a DIY lip scrub (let me know if any of you are interested in a post about this), I always have the need to add jojoba oil for extra moisture. Again, a drop or two is more than enough for your lips! 

4. Hair - This is something new that I've recently heard of. Putting jojoba oil on the ends of my hair will help tame the split ends. My hair is one of the most messiest and untameable hair possible - and these little things will help in the long run!

As of right now, I'm using 100% Pure Jojoba Oil by Desert Essence. It was easily found in my local organic store. I have my eyes on two other brands to try in the future - Aura Cacia Certified Organic Jojoba Skin Care Oil and Pure+Simple Jojoba Oil.

Jojoba oil has been a life saver in my life. 

-Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment