Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Beauty: THE BLOGGER/VLOGGER MADE ME DO IT TAG

When I read this tag on Brittany's blog (Life, Set Sail), it made me realize that probably a good amount of my purchases were from other's recommendations and raves. I was an avid YouTube junkie a few years back, which really got me into my beauty obsession in my old high school days and I slowly merged into blogging...since it's easier to sneak reading during my lectures.

Who are you most influential bloggers/vloggers? Who are the ones you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

Christine from Temptalia is one of the most extensive and informative bloggers I know. Her blog has almost everything and anything you want and need to know for the beauty sphere - from foundation matrix to swatches to product reviews and some big giveaways, it's my go-to blog for high quality content.

Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?

Usually I don't. Even for my favourite bloggers/vloggers, I will do another round of research to get different opinions before putting the item in my cart!

What is your most favourite item that you have ever brought as a consequence of blogs?

I've been a huge skincare junkie the last year and nothing will beat my love for REN Skincare. It's not as hyped on Youtube, but it's slowly gaining huge recognition lately on blogs. Definitely a great natural skincare line. As a result, REN products have slowly pushed all the other skincare products out of my washroom shelves!

What is your least favourite item that you have ever brought as a consequence of blogs?

NARS blush - Amour to be specific. There was a period of time, a couple of years ago, that NARS blush got a lot of hype on Youtube. It's either way too pigmented, which prevents me from getting that natural look I always achieve for, or it's too shimmery/glittery.

Name 5 products you have brought recently as a result of blogs?

Bobbi Brown have been recognized for a long time; but something about watching EssieButton's video on Bobbi Brown products really itched me to get my butt out of the house to get some.

-Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation
-Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
-Bobbi Brown Corrector
-Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder

After looking into cream eyeshadows, I found many blogs loved them as an eyeshadow base. That led me to Sephora and I got one before the New Years.

-Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit

Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?

The NAKED fever. And my heart still pounds fast when I walk into Sephora and see the whole Urban Decay's NAKED palettes. I did give in and got the NAKED1 when it first came out, but gladly I resisted and had some self-control on the other palettes.

Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?

Not one that I can think of! I think it's because I read a variety of different blogs (beauty, food, personal, etc.) that I'm always reading something different each day that I didn't take notice of blogger trends!

Is everything you buy based on blogger  reviews or are there some items you buy without without checking a review?

I definitely have a problem with impulse buys the last year, so a good amount of products were picked up from my own curiosity.

I hope you all enjoy this little tag!

<3

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment