Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tea: Tazo Organic Chai


When I first got into tea, I loved Tazo Tea - I went to Starbucks often, just to get Tazo tea. I used to love buying the huge tin sets from there, because of the huge triangle tea bag packaging. But, once I started really getting into tea, I got drawn into all the other brands around. From those in your supermarket aisle to the independent tea store to even online tea e-commence sites.

Over the past few years, I realized that Tazo started to expand and sell their tea bags in every supermarket. I used to love the Awake tea, but after a few cups this past two years...they changed it, it taste different and not in a good way. I started to step away from Tazo Tea.

I was at my local Shoppers Drug Mart the other day getting milk when the packaging of Tazo caught my eye. They changed it! And of course, that sucked me in reading the ingredients of the Chai Tea. A big KUDOS to Tazo Tea for not adding any artificial flavouring or natural flavouring in their Organic Chai Tea. So...the box ended up in my basket. 

Made myself a cup right when I got home and I must say, it is one of the best chai teas I've had. With a tiny slash of milk and some honey, it's a perfect blend. 

Some chai may be very heavy on spices and makes the tea very distinguishable in that way - which, I'm not a huge fan of. This chai tea has a perfect balance of the spices and tea leaves that makes it a very enjoyable drink.

So, this is my cup of tea today!

<3

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment