April in a nutshell:
- I finished all my papers, presentations, and final assignments for second year!
- I fell down the stairs and sprained my foot...pretty badly. Late night ER for 4 hours was not fun. I can't forget to mention how much I HATE crutches!
- My relatives from sunny California came for a visit - yay to family time!
- My exam schedule was the worst. It was completely spread out and I pretty much had about 6 days in between my exams and days with back-to-back exams. So, I wrote 5 final exams and am now OFFICIALLY FINISHED WITH MY SECOND YEAR OF UNIVERSITY.
- I started a new part-time job and am pretty excited for the rest of the summer!
- I moved my whole life back to Toronto for the summer.
- I started an internship at another local business as well.
- Back to pilates and yoga...on a consistent basis.
As busy as April sounds and a good start for the rest of the summer, I'm back to blogging!
I've been hearing lots of good things about Vega One through other bloggers and from a recommendation of a good friend. I hopped on the bandwagon as well and decided to order a small tub of it to test it out. With my sprained ankle, I ended up ordering it from vitamart.ca (just a quick note - they have the fastest shipping ever!). Probably because I didn't have a blender at school, I've been really into making smoothies the last few days that I've moved back home. My friend introduced me to the spinach and banana smoothie and I've been loving it. To test the Vega One protein powder, I just add some into the smoothie. Since I've just started testing the Vega One protein powder in French Vanilla, I can't really give a full review of the product yet. But, so far, I'm really liking the taste of it. I've only been adding about a quarter of a scoop of it into my smoothies so far, just so my body can slowly adjust to the additional supplements!
Spinach and Banana Smoothie
1 cup of almond milk (you can use whatever milk you want!)
1 HUGE handful of spinach
1/4 scoop of Vega One Protein Powder in French Vanilla
Put the almond milk, banana, and spinach in the blender and blend till smooth.
Add the protein powder and make sure you blend at a slower speed to ensure it doesn't clump up in one area.
Once it's well blended, pour it into your favourite cup (or mason jar!)