I usually sweeten mine, but you can easily just take out the last two ingredients to make it simple, unsweetened almond milk.
Here's a simple and easy recipe to make your own almond milk.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 3-4 cups of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1-2 medjool dates (remember to take out the seed beforehand!)
2. Drain the water from the soaked almonds. Pour the almonds into a blender.
4. Blend! Blend! Blend! Blend until the water becomes a milky colour and the almonds are all grounded up.
6. Blend for another few minutes, so everything is well incorporated.
7. Get a big bowl and pour the mixture through the strainer (my strainer is very small, so I have to separate the straining into three different batches). Once you strain everything, there will be tons of almond grounds - using a fork/spoon, push the almond ground to make sure you get every last drop of the milk through the strainer.
8. Once you strained the whole amount, your amount milk is now complete! Pour it into a cup, a container, and enjoy.
I usually keep my almond milk in the fridge for no longer than one week - which isn't a problem, since I drink it daily.
My parents usually get almonds in bulk, so making your almond milk is much more cost effective and cheaper than regularly purchasing store-bought, boxed almond milk.
I hope you enjoy this simple DIY!